Friday, February 10, 2012

Confession


A little piece that came to me as I was drifting asleep, I made an effort to catch it before it flew right over me.


Hey you! You! Listen up!

I got something to fess
I raise my freak flag high
Way into the clouds
Breaching clear atop the sky
(I'm the reason they made contact)

Kinda like;

Not until this moment
Have I actually realized
Why I really like the smell
Of corned beef and rye
(And sauerkraut)

Or;

When I was a kid
I was infatuated by it
Shamed and embarrassed
Closing firmly on the lid
(Only made it worse, now its pickled)

Coming to terms;

Its one of those things
That I really can't control
I am who I am
No matter the price or toll
(There are worse things)

I'm beyond caring anymore;

Amused with myself
Perverted and droll
In a class of closet freaks
My name is definitely on the roll
(Zachary? Zachary? "... Present")

Be nice;

So do not point your blame
Cause I'm done feeling ashamed
You'd never tell that kid named Rudy
That he can't make Notre Dame
(Same difference, trust me)

Just know;

I'm as burnt as they come
As a steak I'd be well done
But you couldn't find another
Who would make it so much fun
(The end)

No comments:

Post a Comment