Friday, February 10, 2012

Stuttering

One of the first pieces I'd ever written:

Why are you trying to talk to me?
It should be rather plain to see
I am not the most verbally
Neither, or nor socially
Adept at providing your company

So why then do you still persist?
Your pursuance only stems resist
It shall be known I won't desist
Keep talking fool you'll catch my fist

So why then do you talk to me?
Do I really look that lonely?
Do you think my heart holds vacancy?
For a person a such, I can hardly touch
At the pain and strife you cause me

So leave me to my misery
As I tend to it most silently
Remember the contempt I hold for thee
Don't waste your time worrying for me

Just leave me on my way.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I felt I was inside your head was reading this many years ago, understanding the "feelings" of one who is speech dysfluent.

    ReplyDelete