Friday, February 10, 2012

Carrot Cake

A set of rhymes I want to share.  I wrote this a couple years ago when I was working as an assistant to the pastry chef at a local upscale restaurant. This came to me after observing my superior become agitated when her carrot cake was taken off a catering menu and replaced with a Sara Lee cake due to cost factoring. This rhyme is meant to be expressed from her perspective. But yeah, its more or less the product of boredom, haha.

My recipes are superior
To your inferior technique
Delicious, round, and moist
Directly mirroring an inner voice

Of culinary genius
Pure delicatessen delight
I've worked this shit for years
Not a hobby, its my life

Of proportions gastronomical
Delicious for your face
I can even beat you at
This farce-ass daytime race

To produce the most food
Within a set amount of time
Making cold hard cash
Whilst spitting cheesy rhymes

So fuck off with your words
And your preconceived conceptions
Watch me act redundant
With intention of ingraining lessons

Your cake is fucking shitty
Dry, stale, and old
You best get back to school
Best do what you are told

While I shell out delicious cakes
Not a hobby its my life
Remember these words I've spoke
Ingrained through trials and strife

By the way, Sara Lee had nothing on her cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment